1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 SuperDuty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by johndeereguy, Dec 6, 2006.

1. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I was at Woodhouse in Blair NE. today. They just got in a new 08 superduty with the new 6.4 powerstroke. I liked the look of it. The body is not really any differant then my 06. The mirrors and the headlights are the main thing. The new step in the tailgate is chessy IMO. The interier is designed a lot like my 05 F-150 Not exactly, but similar. The motor is super quiet. The hood opens up like my F-150, with the grill and everything opening up. Rims were pretty cool. And boy does that motor run. It is not the completed version, Woodhouse has a prototype since they are Fords biggest dealer and best diesel techs anywhere.
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!! did you Ford guys learn nothing back in 03 with the 6.0???? Wait a year or two. let it prove it self first. Then buy it. I am a Dodge guy. But that King Raqnch interior is sweet. Too bad they didn't keep the 7.3
  3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

the only advantage to buying an 08 now is you wont have to worry about filling up like us guys with the pre emission diesels where were gonna have to put the additive in everytime we fill up...oh and its twin turbo thats nice too
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I disagree the variable speed turbo's are junk!!! we have 2 of them in Internationals at work. Nothing but problems
  5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed. Stand clear of this motor. I'm a Ford guy myself but I would not buy that motor. There are going to be so many problems with it you will want to kill your self over them. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT......:gunsfiring: payup
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

And There BUTT UGLY!
  7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Any pictures of it?
  8. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

When you say 2008 do you realy mean 2007? Or are the 07's already out?
  9. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

No I mean the O*. The o7 have been out since Aug. or so, like usual, but ford is changing a lot of things on thier super duty trucks, as for the early release. These trucks are out there to order, but they do not have pricing yet, maybe next week they said.
  10. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Ford had tons of issues with a single turbo diesel, so I wouldn't trust one with two in it. Get a Duramax or Cummins, much better motors. :gunsfiring: