1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 silverado 1500 will not stay in 4wheel drive

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevyman1010, Dec 28, 2010.

1. chevyman1010

chevyman1010 Junior Member

The 4wheel drive worke great for the frist 20 hr of plowing but then this started to happen When my 4wheel drive is engage it seems to be slipping in and out when the front tires start to spin i checked all the wires and every thing seems to be fine it also happens when the truck is in auto 4 wheel drive. 4wheel drive low still works great with no problems at all and sence i put a plow on the truck i dont think it is still coverd please help
    Thanks Tom

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Are you plowing with the transfer case in auto, or 4wd high?

3. chevyman1010

no i was plowing in 4wheel hi it had worked great all night and i went through some real deep snow drifts and it had started to happen frist thing i thought one of the wiring harness and got wet or something checked every thing today and all was fine but still did it

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I've seen guys plow with them in auto, and it applies and releases the clutches in the case so much that it smokes the clutches.

5. chevyman1010

yea no i always plow in 4 hi Yea i saw that too my budy was doing that on his 02 and did that i told him never to plow in auto but he knows every thing well it cost him and made me money because i had to plow all of his accounts