1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Ram Radio Bezel Removal

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Bobby Blaze, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

does anyone know how to remove the woodgrain and chrome to get access to the radio, I bought an Ipod integration kit but the instructions are for the ram with the center console and the one I have is with the fold down cupholders.

2. Groove

Groove Junior Member
    from Boston

Did you figure it out? Let me know as I want to pull mine off as well without breaking anything.

3. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
    2. If equipped, remove the floor console,
    3. Remove the cup holder if equipped,
    4. On vehicles with a close out panel, remove the screws and remove the close out panel
    5. Remove the screws
    6. Using a trim stick, disengage the retainer clips that secure the instrument panel center bezel to the instrument panel.

1.gif

2.gif

4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

hope this helps

5. Groove

Groove Junior Member
    from Boston

Thanks Green Grass

That's what I needed to know. Now I wonder how I can make a "trim stick"? I imagine a small screw driver may work.

6. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

thanks green the images will be a big help. I called the dealer the other day just to get a price on the labor, 160.00:realmad: for 10 minutes of work so thanks again for saving me some cash

7. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

if you still need one you can get it from autozone for $4.00