1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Ram 4500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by R.J.B., Dec 3, 2012.

1. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

I just looked at a 2008 ram 4500. This truck has 6.7 vummins,6 spd and comes with blizzard 8611. Truck has 84k and looks like brand new. Anyone on here have one of these trucks or know somebody with one? And do they have likes or dislikes? Thanks

2. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

cummins diesel. sorry

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't own one personally, but I've only heard good things from them. The 6 speed is an AISIN 6 speed (if its an automatic) which is much stronger and has better gear spacing then the 68RFE, the Cummins has a Snowplow Mode - basically turns on the cooling fans earlier, and the 6.7 in that truck shouldn't give many problems due to the work it will be doing. Like any newer Diesel it isn't the best for driving around town, the EGR/Turbo gets gunked with Soot, but if its ran hard/worked it'll run excellent.

4. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

thanks for your input! It will be worked for sure!

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I think you'll like it, outside of the interior being a little "plasticky" if that is a word, it will be a good truck. The weaknesses of a Ram 2500/3500 are removed in those trucks (front axle is much better, and tranny upgrade as mentioned before).

6. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

I hate the interior so i would agree. But the drivetrain is awesome!