1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Ram 2500 Torque Converter StB at 51K

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by jomofo, Jan 10, 2014.

1. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Howdy guys,

Just a heads up that (supposedly) the TC on my Ram 2500 (Hemi/545RFE) crapped out on me just shy of 51K miles. Put the truck away just fine. Went to run it again the next morning and the trans would not engage. Internet research showed there was a common issue with the trans fluid filter o-ring not seating properly and causing those symptoms, but my lifetime powertrain warranty, towing coverage, and 20 degree weather made me decide against trying to fix it in the driveway. Local dealer said the TC had stripped the splines from the input shaft. Sounded like BS to me... May have just been the filter/o-ring... although it had been 18 months since the trans service - don't know why the o-ring problem would occur now.. But I'll never know for sure..

Anyway - just a heads up. :drinkup: