1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by firstclass, Jan 2, 2008.

1. firstclass

firstclass Junior Member
    from MI

Hello,

I posted a thread about this in another area. I have a 2008 Ram 1500 BigHorn 4.7v8 with the factory 20" wheels. I want to put a 7.5 Boss standard duty plow on it. The Boss web site calls for a "sport duty " plow that is a like a homeowner style. I know a 1500 is not a plow rig but I'm only doing small commercial. I heard from some people that Boss does not make a mount for a standard duty or super duty plow for a 08 1500 is this true ?? I heard they change the frame in 07 so no mount is made because of goverment regulations on big plows on light duty trucks. I dont want to buy a used plow and find out I cant hook it up because they dont make a mount for it. Any one plowing with a 08 1500 ??

2. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

buy a sno-way and a set of timberens.

3. ram0098

ram0098 Junior Member

2007 Dodge Ram 1500

I bought a Boss Sport Duty Poly 7'6" (IT ONLY WEIGHTS 420LBS AND NEED FOR TIMBERENS) and also have a Daniels pull plow on the rear. It works out great I plow 90 home owners every snow fall with no problems.

4. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

i have a 2004 ram 1500 im putting a fisher 71/2 RD plow, they also make a LD plow (light Duty) but thats not reccomended for comercial use! Some people that have 3/4 ton trucks say you shouldnt put a plow on a 1/2 ton, but ive talked with people who drive 1/2 ton trucks and plow with them all the time, and they work great, so dont let people tell you that you cant plow with a ram 1500 because you can, and it will work great as long as you dont kill the truck, just drive it!!!

5. sailscall01

sailscall01 Member

Make sure if you put a plow on it that you won't void any warranties on the truck. I was told by a Dodge dealer here in Philly that the truck needed to have the plow package and no warranties would be voided.. Has anyone heard of that??