1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 ram 1500 reg cab with blizzard plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by shaneo318, Mar 2, 2011.

1. shaneo318

shaneo318 Junior Member
    from ny

The truck:
    I am the original owner of this truck, I bought it new in dec of 2007. I have had no problems with this truck what-so-ever!! It has 84,000 miles, but has been meticulously maintained, it has had mobil 1 synthetic oil in it since it's first oil change, all fluids have been changed when they were supposed to be. All of the miles are highway miles, My daily commute was 70 miles round trip! It's a regular cab, short bed, with auto trans. It has power windows, power locks, power heated mirrors, power seat, power adjustable pedals, factory remote start, air conditioning, cruise control, tilt wheel, auto dimming rearview mirror, sirius radio, sliding rear window, 20 inch chrome wheels, sport appearance package, posi rearend and probably more that I'm forgetting. I have added a 2 inch leveling kit to the front and a stainless magnaflow dual exhaust that exits in front of the passenger side rear wheel. It has the MDS system which shuts 4 cylinders down on the highway to get better mpg. I have gotten up to 22 mpg with this truck if I babied it and kept it at the speed limit. The plow was only on this truck for 2 winters and was only used on one lot and a driveway. The kelley blue book retail value is $21,305 and private party value is $19,405. (Without the plow!!) The original sticker price was $35,205.

The plow:
    6 year old blizzard 760lt with a set of custom wings (9'9" wide with wings on) and 2 extra trip springs. The plow was used to clear one lot that usually took 1 1/2 hours to clear and a driveway. The plow is in great shape, but could use some paint... I might even paint it before selling! Also a set of stock 17 inch wheels from a 2005 ram with snow tires on them!

Asking 17,000 for the truck or $20,500 for the truck, the plow, the wings and both sets of tires/wheels.

I don't have pics of the plow, but will get some!

shanes pics 7-10-10 037.jpg

shanes pics 7-10-10 054.jpg

2. shaneo318

shaneo318 Junior Member
    from ny

Not even a question? It's a super nice truck!!!

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Seems expensive to me...I could be wrong, maybe thats the going price for a higher mileage 1/2ton.

4. shaneo318

shaneo318 Junior Member
    from ny

Trade in value is 16,200, retail is 21,300. I don't want to trade it, don't need another truck.

5. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Killer looking truck, I really like that configuration. Good luck with the sale, had a bud a year ago trade in a 05 with 70k on it and got 17k on trade, so Id say your within reason!!

6. shaneo318

shaneo318 Junior Member
    from ny

Thanks!!! I thought so too!