1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Ram 1500 Leveling kit issues

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgefan99, Nov 17, 2011.

1. dodgefan99

dodgefan99 Junior Member
    from RI

I added a 2" leveling kit to the front end of my ram, dealer installed. After about a year, noticed a lot of loud knocking coming from the front end while turning. Contacted the leveling kit manufacturer and was told that they had issues with the ones that I had received, and they sent out the new models. Again, I brought the truck to a dealer to have them installed.

Turns out that both sides of the front end needed to be rebuilt (thankfully all covered under the 30,000 warranty). After the parts replaced, the new levelers installed.

Well about a year goes by and now I am starting to hear the knocking sound in the front end. Was planning on putting a plow on the front, but with all of the issues, am rethinking it.

Anyone have this problem or does anyone have any solutions?
  2. general info

I've been told that adding a leveling kit can change the angle of some of the front end parts on the truck and causes alot of stress and wear on the front end. I also have a 2008 RAM 1500 and have been considering the same thing. I put Timbrens on it knowing that is almost a must for a 1500 from what I've been reading. I will be keeping an eye on your thread to see what others say as well.
  3. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i had that same banging problem as well minus i dont have a leveling kit, did some research on the 2008 rams and comes out both the front shocks are garbage and i put moog tie rod ends on that are stronger and have grease fittings along with bilstein 5500 series shocks, havnt had any problems since, also just put on timbrens this fall for extra piece of mind