1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 pro plus problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fireboy6413, Feb 5, 2011.

1. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

So I was plowing the other day and all the sudden the plow would angle right on its own, ill have it in the strait position and as soon as I get a good amount of snow in front of me it will angle right, havent noticed it doing this to the left. Also my cutting edge is starting to wear down, are these things reversable.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The cutting edge is going to wear and it is not reversable without replacing it. However, if the configuration is not right it will wear the outside edges prematurely. Have a look at the A frame when the plow is down. It should be parallel to the ground. If you look at your installation manual it shows the four holes in the swivel plates and lists which hole you should be in depending on the height of your truck's front end. If your A frame is not parallel then reconfigure it and that will help this issue.

Regarding the angle shifting issue... We need more details on this. Is the pump motor engaging spontaniously? Nest time you use it listen out the window and see if you can hear it or not. You could also hook up some sort of test light to the pump motor that is visible when the motor gets power.

Is it possible that the blade is just leaking back when you get a good load on the right hand side of the blade? If that is the case then it could either be one of the control valves, check valves failing or maybe the pressure relief valve is set too low and is letting oil out too soon when it gets pressurized pushing.

Give is some more details and we will give you some better feedback. This is not right and is certainly reversable once we get the required information.

3. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Thanks for the reply, im gonna check the height in the morning, my ends are wearing quite a bit, when im pushing strait the plow will be fine then all the sudden the blade will go real quick right on its own, as if I have lost pressure in the right cylinder, every thing else works fine so I assuming the valves