1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 plow available.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by azandy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. azandy

azandy Member

Also, this same dealer sold us a new truck this summer. This is another reg cab work truck but is a half ton with a gas motor and plow prep package. They claim it too can have a 8'2" Boss v-plow. Last week the plow dealer who sold me the plow, says no way will that work.I don't have the plow hooked up yet as I am concerned. Might have to go to plan B. Any sugesstions?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plow dealer is 100% correct. No way will either manufacture allow that much plow on an '08 1500 truck. The biggest Boss for that truck is a 7.6 straight blade.

Your truck dealer is lying to you. :nod:

3. flanny0104

flanny0104 Junior Member
    from indiana

i agree the v blade will void warrantee dont listen to the car dealer!!!

4. azandy

azandy Member

Thanks guys for your help. The Chev. dealer agreed to buy back the truck for the full amount we paid for it including the tax. Not a trade but an outright purchase. A little inconvience but I'm happy with that. I'll buy more trucks there for sure. I expected to lose a bunch of money if we had to trade it in.

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

gonna go get yourself a 3/4 ton now?

6. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

one of the other threads had dealer with a NEW 3/4 ton 07 Chevy for $18,500...you may want to check that out. Sorry, I can't remember which thread.

7. azandy

azandy Member

We'll get a 3/4 ton for sure. All the other trucks we plow with are. We thought we could be cheap for once. I guess I'm off my 1/2 ton kick now.