1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 GMC 2500HD...Good Truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mg1826, Dec 26, 2013.

1. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Hi Guys, I'm looking at purchasing another truck and I'm curious what your thoughts are on it.
    The truck is a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT extended cab with 54K miles on it. It is a 6.0 gas vortec engine. The truck is loaded minus navigation and also comes with an 8' Fisher stainless X-blade. There are a bunch of extras like stainless magnaflow exhaust, hideaway strobes, denali chrome grille, spray in bedliner, tonneau cover, etc. It also has an extended warranty that is good for another year and will need new front tires fairly soon.
    The owner is asking $27,500. He didn't like my offer of 25K today. Is 26K a good price on this truck and are there any concerns I should be aware of? It will be used to plow a few small parking lots at my business and to tow a small boat.

Thanks!

Sierra1.jpg

Sierra2.jpg

Sierra3.jpg

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The truck looks great for that price. Really shouldn't have any issues. That truck would be $50k plus brand new.

3. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Do a check on autotrader and see what the prices of trucks like that are going for... Then factor in all the upgrades this truck has and see if the price is right.... Who knows maybe you'll find a better deal ;)

4. vincent

vincent Senior Member

March of 09 I bought a 2008 silverado 2500hd crew 6.0. Its the LT model.

It had 18,000 miles and I gave $25k for it then. Used trucks that are in excellent shape and low miles bring premium money around here.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck.

6. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

That's a good looking truck and for 27 it's not bad at all I'd buy it ✔️✔️

7. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

I dont like plowing with extended cab trucks. I happen to be in a position where I have a reg cab for work (marine mechanic/snow plow guy) and a crew cab Durmax for every thing else. I find that rear visibility is an issue at night with the extended cabs. I plowed for 7 years with one and will never go back now that I have a reg cab. Just my humble observations.

8. mg1826

mg1826 Member

Thanks for all your responses. I bought it today for 26K and I'm happy with it.

9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your truck! 26k is a good price.

10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

looks like a great truck. congrats