1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 GMC 2500 diesel Scoop or 8.5 V? Installation issues?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by mrplowmn, Nov 18, 2008.

1. mrplowmn

mrplowmn Junior Member

I'm looking to buy either scoop or 8.5V. I'm leaning towards scoop for price and less moving parts for possible future repair and costs. I do quite a few small lots in downtown area, so V would be nice for maneuvering. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, any special issues with installation on 2500 GMC diesel? ride height? I will be taking plow off when done plowing.

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

No issues...crank t-bars..add timbrins. Balast in the bed and wait for snow....

3. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I say go scoop, I use one on my dodge every now and again and they are sweet. Go 9' for sure. If you think you may go to the V someday just put the v-plow harness in now.

The only "issue" is the headlight adapters for the '08 GM trucks. They need to run more relay so the harness is like $100 more than others.

Good luck, ya cant go wrong with Hiniker

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. Gerry125

Gerry125 Senior Member

And don't forget 600 to 800 pounds of ballast.

5. mrplowmn

mrplowmn Junior Member

Thank you for the info