1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 front end

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rblake, Nov 23, 2009.

1. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Just had a 9.5 fisher ss v installed on our 2008 diesel 1 ton dump. the blade when put all the way back is very close to the ground. has anyone beefed up the front end of a dodge?

2. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

I have a 5500 with a 9-1/2 Western Vee. That is the way Vees are. You have to adjust it when you think it's going to hit. If the front end doesn't sag more than 2-3 inches then it's ok.

3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I put timbrens on with my Boss 8.2v. I hardly have any drop in the front end.

4. nexcorp

nexcorp Junior Member
    from midwest

I raised my 3500 front with 2" leveler and put adjustable Ranchos on the front. Jury still out though as I am exceeding the recommended plow weight by maybe 200lbs. Just finishing the install. I used the HellBentSteel leviling kit, figured I swap out the factory shocks since I had it apart. May still have to do timbrens but wont know for a day or two, but they only function under load. I dont own a V, but do the back of the blades on a V angle down when in a V and lifted?