1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 ford team tough

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bobby Blaze, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

I was lookin at the superduty site and was wondering if anyone on here knows the guy from north hugo mn,or if hes on here somewhere,he claims on there that he is a general contractor and pushes snow in the winter,i'd like to see how that truck worked out for him and if they let him plow with it.I'm debating on buying one as soon as they give some kind of incentive better than 5.9%.I want to get the diesel, I took one out for a test drive the other day,quietest diesel i ever heard once it warmed up,i don't know if its such a good idea buying one of the first ones out,especially after all the horror stories i been reading on here about the 6.0
  2. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I think I remember seeing a similar video on the Ford site, but it wasn't for an 08 Superduty. Anyways, I'll be watching this thread w/ eyes wide open. I'm also hesitant about the 6.4, but I would like a diesel for my next truck.

BTW, it looks like the 6.4 did very well according to some guys from Alaska who worked for BP. Did you see that video? It was pretty impressive. So, if it handles that kind of cold, I'd like to see how it handles snowplowing.
  3. Boycea

Boycea Member
    from MA

I mentioned the same thing to my dealer, being hesitant to buy a first run on new technology. I was told that they tested the 6.0 all indoors and just adjusted the temperature and that is a large reason why they had so many problems due to lack of testing. As for the 6.4's I was told that they tested them in Alaska for a long duration of time under harsh conditions and that most of the bugs have been worked out. That is what the dealer told me.
  4. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

ya,I was talking to a couple of mechanics at the dealership and they both said the same thing,I'd like to hear it first hand from somebody that is using it for the same purpose as we are,it would make me feel more comfortable spending 40k + the blade.check out the website if you have not already it has a couple of videos from alaska and team tough.
  5. EFI

EFI Member
    from NH / NB

I got a Blue 08, F-350, XL, FX4, Rcab, SRW, Plow pkg , Camper pkg , Tow pkg , 6.4l , 6 speed , 4:10LS ,Winter pkg , on order . :dizzy: