1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Ford Super Duty with Snowdogg V Plow Plowing

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mossman381, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  2. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I don't know much about the Snow Doggs but it looks like they do well.
  3. mossman381

I have not heard much about them myself but I just picked one up. I got a really good deal on it and couldn't pass it up. I guess I will find out how good they are.
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Had mine 3 years now and it's never had a single problem. Its a well built plow.
  5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Replacing the Western?
  6. mossman381

They look well built. The VXF I just picked up looks very similar to the Western MVP3.
  7. mossman381

Yup :eek:
  8. plowguy43

Yes the wing design is really similar even when you compare the regular VX to the Non flared western.

During that video the broken detector was like a dry bugger in the nose of someone your talking to and your just hoping it falls out the entire time but doesn't.
  9. mossman381

I talked to the guy and he had a new deflector on order. This was his first time using the plow. He recently bought the truck and plow together.
  10. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I've got the 9'-6" VXF and love it. The mounting system absolutely sucks compared to other manufacturers, but once I've got it on I like it a lot. Stacks very well.
  11. mossman381

It's funny you say that. The guy I bought if from had a Western MVP3 and said the Snowdogg stacked better than the Western. That was one thing he really missed. I can't wait to get it mounted and try it out. This will be my first v plow.
  12. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

bout time you put more then a 7.5 on that dually. ;)

Hope the dogg treats you well.

Oh and your friend there looks like he could use a lesson or two on plowing. not trying to be a jerk, just some things I saw that could have been done differently to do a better job and save time, but if its his first plow rig, ill let it slide. lol
  13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That guy plowing with a V plow Forgot it was a V plow

I would plowed that lot in scoop mode Might windrow first pass like he did next to building rest been in scoop mode
  14. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

The deflector looks like the on my drivers side wing, except it was nice enough to brake off so no Bugger effect. I had a problem with the light harness but was given a new truck side one and since then its been great. I agree the mounting could be a little bit easier, but overall I like my VXF.
  15. mossman381

My plow is about 9' right now with the wings so 9.5' is not that much of an upgrade but that that 6" might come in handy. After I took the video I wondered why he didn't use the v more but I have never had a v so I wasn't sure. It is not his first plow. He had a 02 Super Duty with an older Boss v.

After I took the video and watched it a few times I wondered why he didn't use the v position more. I have never run a v so I thought maybe he knew something I didn't.

Good to hear all the Snowdogg owners are liking their plows. What kind of problem did you have?
  16. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Ya, that guy could of made less passes with it in scoop mode.

I really like the function of our MD75 on our f-150 for residential use. Functions are great, it's reliable, and hooks up relatively easily.

Also love the grease points on the plow.

One thing I'm not liking is the lights have vibrated loose a few times (lock nuts would cure it) and the plastic cover over the pump has cracked. But, we've had some down right brutal temps that would crack almost anything plastic lately.

17. jmiller31

jmiller31 Junior Member

I have the EX80 and its great. Snowdogg replaced the plastic deflector for free under warranty with a much better rubber flap. Had to replace the piston this year but they covered that under warranty also. Cant complain
  18. plowguy43

I'm used to the fisher minute mount plows so hooking up my snowdogg is actually easier IMO. Line it up, pull up into it, use the jack to adjust the height and push the plow into the pin locks. My fisher would often settle into the ground and I'd struggle with a car jack trying to get it lined up.
    I never used the deflectors they sent as I have a role of conveyor belt rubber I've been planning on using. Its wider so I figured it would be better but still haven't put it on yet lol
  19. mossman381

It looks to me that if they would connect the lights together with a cross member the lights wouldn't shake so bad. The temps have been brutal the last 3 weeks.

The mounting does not bother me right now. I have a ultramount on my truck. Then an ultramount to unimount for the plow. So this will probably be easier. Plus I usually just unhook my plow on a pallet and use that to hook it back up.
  20. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Not to get off topic but is it faster to clean a lot like that just running in scoop VS. windrowing? I would think in scoop you would have a lot of little trails to clean up as you go.