1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Fisher Poly Caster

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mike33087, Sep 26, 2008.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

I am selling my Fisher Poly Caster, bought jan of 08 mint condition, everything works great. all wiring and controler inclded. also added brake lights will be included. asking $3,300.00 or B/O ,will deliver within 100 miles of 01923. shippin can be determined if needed. will post pics when it stops raining

2. DMills33

DMills33 Junior Member
    from NH

hey im from manchester NH and was just shopping around looking for one ive been plowing for a few yrs now adn am lookign for a sander. howd you like it? ive been trying to read up on a quality sander and the dealer up here told me to go with this one i would not out grow it like i would a tailgater spreader. any help with your expertise would be a big help. thanks

3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

honestly its a great spreader and i really wish i could afford to keep it and buy the bigger one i want / need. for an electric sander this thing preforms unbelievable, it did everything I wanted it to do and then some. im looking for 3300.00 but would like it go for 3000.00 if u pick it up.... I have a loader to load

4. DMills33

DMills33 Junior Member
    from NH

has the rain stopped yet? just wondering if i can see some pictures? i have a 4 small commercial lots im assuming it will handle them all if it did everything and then some how often did you have to fill it per storm?

5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

going to take pics now, last season i filled it once and was able to do all six of my small office building, fisher says it holds 1.25 yds but u can heap about 2

6. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

eh

eh never mind its pouring again, maybe later but this for now

001.jpg

001.jpg

7. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Mike,
    FYI
    Salem brake and clutch is sell that same unit for 3375.00 brand new. Cash and Carry.

SNOWANDICEMAN

8. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

really? with the extended chute? thats a 513.00 add on....in jan when i bought mine they quoted me 4500 at brake and theif.... I'll let it go for 3000.00 its only 9 months old practically new

9. SNOWANDICEMAN

Mike Do you just use the tie downs to secure it or did you bolt it to frame
    SNOWANDICEMAN

10. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

there are 4 tie downs welded to the floor of the dump, and then i welded a piece of stainless channel to the back edge of the frame to keep it from sliding foward, it catched the end of the dump where the tailgate would normally be

11. DMills33

DMills33 Junior Member
    from NH

how tough is it to install into the truck setting up all the wiring and getting it ready to go? 2-3 hrs work?

12. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

its real simple once you secure it down with the supplied tie downs, its a matter of runner their supplied cables one from the salter to the battery and another harness from the batter / spreader to the control box, took my maybe an hour and a half will have pics up first thing in the mornin sorry for the dely very busy at work today

13. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

that thing looks pretty good, but its a little to big for me

14. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Thats a very fair price.

15. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

bump , that is the only good pic I have I really dont want to pull it out of the barn to take pics, I will take it out if you wanna come look at it though

16. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

you still got this thing

17. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

dibbs. need 10 char

18. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

This is exactly what I was thinking. No transfer of warranty and nearly as much as a brand new one. To be honest I only paid $2850.00 for my Tornado first season it was offered and I love it. And I load it with bulk salt.

Best, Ron G

19. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

thought of that called them and they wanted $3700 without the extended chute i dont know when snowandiceman got his quote but they went up in price

20. SNOWANDICEMAN

Fisher Poly caster

Hi Guys,
    I got mine in October right before the prices went up. Sorry if the price went up. Its like everything else I guess when in demand the prices goes up.

SNOWANDICEMAN