1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F550 with 9' dump

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NEUSWEDE, Mar 9, 2013.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

2008 F550 9' Iroquois Dump, 68,686 miles, 4x4, automatic, reg cab, buyers aluminium electric tarp roller, rear view camera with 7" screen, 30"x18" aluminium underbody boxes. tires are 90%, all service perform by dealer, in great shape, no rust, $34,000 obo Fisher Stainless XV $4000, 9' Downeaster stainless spreader with self contained hydraulics, $5000,

Video of truck here: http://youtu.be/xQ9nOfDboOc

DSC00837 - Copy.JPG

DSC00838 - Copy.JPG

DSC00839 - Copy.JPG

DSC00840 - Copy.JPG

DSC00845 - Copy.jpg

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

What motor? 6.0? If so, any upgrades to it?

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

6.4L Diesel, no mods, stock

4. White Gardens

Any issues with the motor?

Also, is the dump box electric over hydraulic or central hydraulics?

5. White Gardens

Never mind, saw the control box on in the video.

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Upgrading???

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Nope the motor has been perfect. Electric over hydraulic

Triple l Selling to buy a tandem dump. Don't use it anymore. Don't want to sell but my best option.

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

sweet truck! good luck with sale

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Dylans (NEUSWEDE) equipment is top notch and very well maintained. This truck is mint, sad to see it go (wish I had a need for it!)

10. White Gardens

Love the look of this truck and am actually mulling it over.

Couple things aren't quit right though such as no drop sides on the dump. That's about my only hangup.

That and the distance.

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Its only a 9' bed...drop sides shouldn't be deal breaker lol load from the back & push it to cab...pull the pallet out with a chain.

having drops on this size body isn't going to save you much time...now if it was 12'.....

12. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

What is the most you have had in the dump or what is the dump rated for? would want to use it for rock in the summer

13. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I would agree drop sides are nice but this truck was for moving material, pallets went on the trailer. I did put pallets of sod in the back and 2 pallets fit perfectly with the tailgate up.

I have never seen a weight rating for this dump, but would assume it is a 15,000lbs hoist.

Thanks bobby for the testimonial, this truck is cherry and hate to let it go but need to free up money for a larger truck. When I purchased it my business was focused on different jobs than it is now.

14. White Gardens

My biggest thing is pulling the mini skid around and being able to put 3-4 attachments on the truck without removing the trailer on a job site.

That and the drop sides make mulch jobs that much easier.

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

IMO you're wrong, drop sides should be on every dump this size. After having them on a truck you realize how handy it is. BTW, I've done the pull the pallet out with the chain thing, and I would much rather drop the side. Especially when you're by yourself.

Very nice truck NEUSWEDE, Looks like you take great care of your stuff.

16. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

You can reach 2 pallets deep from the back. Its the third pallet you need a chain for.
    Free bump, hate to see a beautiful truck go but excited to see whats coming. Pm me if you are selling anything for the skid steer

17. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Just as an FYI I am willing to do a discount for the truck with spreader and or plow or will sell plow and spreader and truck seperate.

18. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

open to reasonable offers

19. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Bump to top just put a coat of wax on it!

20. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Bump to top open to reasonable offers