1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350 Plow Prep

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sooner, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Sooner

Sooner Member

I just bought a bone stock F350 (6.4l 4x4 SRW with 20k miles). I would like some guidance on how big I can go with a plow and what changes suspension-wise you guys recommend. Thanks!

2. jpar247

jpar247 Member

I run a Western ProPlus 8'6". The truck handles it well, although Im still thinking about upgrading to the 7k lbs. springs.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss v plow and then go have some fun!

4. dc.snowball

dc.snowball Junior Member

amongta others.. i am running 2 fords...."11 f350 & '08 f550...350/fisher 8.5mm1 & 550 boss9.2v-blade.....i'll take the old fisher straight blade any day.....also have western and meyer.....meyer booooo!!!!!!....just my oponion....thanks guys..

5. Ultra Duty

Ultra Duty Member
    from NE OHIO

Boss 9'2" VXT, all the way

6. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I am running a wideout on the same truck, but f250. No problems at all. Handles it awesome.

7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I swapped my front spirngs to i believe 6600 lbers in my 05 350. Boss VXT didnt even move the truck, felt solid as a freight train stacking, HOWEVER the ride suffers incredibly when running rough roads empty. If those roads happen to curve and bump and jump and hump all at the same time,,,,hang on.

Leveled the truck right out tho. And hey its all about lookin cool right? haha