1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350 isolation module

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Kevin N, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Kevin N

Kevin N Junior Member
    from PA

We have a 2008 F350 with a diesel engine and a fisher plow. The isolation module keeps blowing out for just one headlight. The third module bad in 5 plowings. Help! Plow shop said it is a ford problem, a spike in the electrical system that they can fix with a computer program. Does anyone have any solutions?
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

On the Dieselman web site He had a thread on that problem, I copy his bulletin ---------- http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/64bulletin.htm--------------- Headlights inoperative on snow plow equipped trucks:
    On 2008 F-SuperDuty trucks the smart junction (fuse) box--SJB; monitors circuits for excessive current loads to determine if a short circuit occurs. The SJB may interpret switching from factory headlights to plow frame lights as a short and will shut down the headlight power. The SJB can be reprogrammed to prevent this from occuring. Broadcast Message 6987, TSB 07-9-1.
  3. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

I had the same problem on my 08,its only on the early 08 models.Take to Ford and they re flash the computer and it solves the lighting problem.It only took me three trips to plow shop to figure it out they were very helpful.It cost about $49 to have Ford fix it.