1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350 Headlight not working Help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Kevin N, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Kevin N

Kevin N Junior Member
    from PA

We have a 2008 F350 with a diesel engine and a fisher plow. The isolation module keeps blowing out for just one headlight. The third module bad in 5 plowings. Help! Plow shop said it is a ford problem, a spike in the electrical system that they can fix with a computer program. Does anyone have any solutions? With a new isolation module the lights work for a while then they go out on truck and plow.

2. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

TSB 07-9-1

05/14/07
    2008 F-SUPER DUTY - LIGHTING ON SNOW PLOW
    EQUIPPED VEHICLES - BUILT BEFORE 04/18/2007

FORD:
    2008 F-Super Duty

ISSUE
    2008 F-Super Duty vehicles are equipped with a smart junction box (SJB) and it's function is to provide protection against excessive current loads, typical of a short circuit, by shutting down circuit operation. The SJB strategy may interpret the switching between Ford headlamps and aftermarket snowplow headlamps, and vice-versa, as a short-to-ground, causing the power feeding a headlamp circuit through the SJB to be turned off.

ACTION
    Reprogram the SJB to the latest calibration using IDS release 48.9 patch 9 and higher or 49.1 patch 1 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2007.5 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
    IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

070901A 2008 Super Duty: 0.3 Hr.
    Reprogram The SJB (Do
    Not Use With 12650D,
    12651D, 12651D4)

3. Kevin N

Kevin N Junior Member
    from PA

2008 F350 Headlampnot working Help

Thank you very much, I will have to take it to the dealer to get fixed.

4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

no problem glade to help!!

5. Kevin N

Kevin N Junior Member
    from PA

2008 F350 Headlamp not working Help

I did not get to ford dealer yet but I was thinking, would that cause the isolation module to go bad, and why is it just one headlight?

6. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

On the older Supeduty, Ford fuses each headlight seperately, I don.t know much about the smart fuse box, but just a thought.