1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350 Dually

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lieutlamson, Apr 23, 2008.

1. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Heres the new truck. I ordered the truck exactly the way I wanted it. It actually came in the day before my birthday!! Anyways so far so good. I still have to tint the window, as the b & w hitch, then come winter a 9ft x blade.

DSC00078.JPG

DSC00079.JPG

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Did you get rid of the Duramax? :dizzy: Nice truck anyways!:salute:

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, i always liked the reg. cab dually. It is small but it looks mean, almost like it is on steroids. Good luck with it. What are you going to pull with it?

4. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

No I still have the duramax. I recently added twin turbos to the duramax so Im actually going to be towing it to a few races. I wanted another duramax but I really dont like the look of the front end, and the chevy dually still has a 4800lb front end. The Ford is rated at 6000 so it should handle the x blade a little better.
    I have a 32' enclosed gooseneck trailer that Im going to be using to bring the truck around with. I think the Ford should handle it alright.....

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Nice truck. Im not a fan of the new front ends on the Fords, but hey, Fords will always KICK @$$! No matter what they look like.

Your setup is just the way it should be, the Ford pull the Chevy, and Dodge, well, just leave the Dodge out of the picture.

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

looks great! love the new front ends. and i agree reg cab duallys look so mean!

7. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Beautiful truck, I'll have to keep my eyes open for you around town. Congrats!

8. SneekyTT

SneekyTT Junior Member

Sweet truck! I too especially like the regular cab - dually combo... Like "Quality SR" said... it almost looks like its on steroids

9. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Sweet looking truck. I to love the look of the reg. cab dually, if it wasn't for needing the extra room for kids that is what I would have.

10. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Same here should be hard to spot..

11. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

that thing looks mean...i love the reg cab

12. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice rig!!

13. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Thanks for the compliments everybody. So far Im happy with the truck. Ford is definelty heading in a better direction as far as quality goes. I have had the truck for just about a week and its got around 500 miles on it. No problems yet, and the truck has regenerated once.

14. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

nice truck

15. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

yea use the ford to pull the chevy. so when the ford breaks down the chevy can pull it back. lol.

dont get me wrong i like the new fords but let me tell you. you may get lucky. but be prepared to replace the radiator numerous times and also the turbos. the new 6.4Ls suck. just be easy on it. watch the temp guage b/c if it gets hot youll be towing it with the chevy.

16. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

sweeet truck. My buddies got the 6.4 in his 08 and its a sweet truck, no problems so far with 15k on it

17. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Ive talked to a lot of people with the 6.4s and they have been problem free. Ive read on line about the radiator problems, and turbo issues but they seem to really few and far between. Everyone thinks the 6.0s are junk, yet my father has a may 03 (suppose to be the worst) and has never had any problem...go figure.

18. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nice truck just dont park close to anyone or you will be crying when you get back to see sum ****** clipped your beauty......:salute::jester:

19. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Truck

20. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

She's a beauty! Good luck with her!