1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350 Diesel looses heat with plow on

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Fiske Plowing, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Fiske Plowing

Fiske Plowing Member

I have a 2008 F350 powerstroke diesel with a 8.5 exv plow. the digital exterior temp will ready 100+ when i have the plow on and I loose the heat in the truck. Im assuming its because of lose of air flow over the front on the truck. has anyone experienced similar situation and any recomendations on a resolution. All ideas would be appreciated

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You have the high grade heat system, the lariat correct? There's a sensor in the right front corner of the truck I believe that senses outside air temp to figure out what the temp inside the truck should be.

Ford makes a relocation kit for this problem - you are relocating that outside air temp sensor.

If you've never plowed with that 08, watch for snow injestion also - they make a bra that helps with the problem. We really see problems on long runs with any type of snow - we do a 2+ mile road.

The temp thing - you can drop your plow some and get the temp reading to come down but it's a pain to keep doing that.

3. Fiske Plowing

Fiske Plowing Member

Yes I do have the lariat heat system, I figured it had something to do with that sensor in the front just didnt no what to do with it. Its interesting what you said about the snow injestion never thought of that but much appreciated Where did you find a bra for the truck? All last year i had to keep dropping the plow to get temp down. And loosing heat really sucks

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

The bra thing is a Ford part also - tell them you plugged up the air filter with snow (we have) and that you heard there is a fix for it - I think our 09, 10 and 11 truck came with it but the dealer gave us a couple of other ones.

Just plowing normal parking lots never really caused much problem, it's the 2+ mile runs that do it. You can see in 09 they tried to help it because they suck warm air out of the engine compartment into the air filter area, but it still gets the filter soaking wet.

Hopefully your heated seats still work, otherwise it really sucks driving down the road like that.