1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350 2wd dually with Boss 8'6 plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bayfish, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

Problem is ground clearance of plow bracket. Any advice for increasing clearance because it hits when approaching uneven surfaces even with the plow off!
    Truck has a 6.4 PSD and landscape dump bed, single cab. I just bought the truck and had the plow installed. The way it is now, I don't think I can plow with it.
    HELP!

2. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Thats really odd? Throw some pics up for us....

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

There honestly is nothing you can do, a 4x2 1 ton is fairly low in the front end from the factory...

There may be some suspension lift you can put in it but I don't know what is available for a 2wd truck

4. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

I have seen the State Highway Dept. plowing with these 2wd 1 tons for years and didn't think it would be a problem, but it may be the design of the bracket also. I'll take some pics today and post them.
    I did look at the Timbrens web site and they did have some spacer kits for 2wd 1 tons that I'll check out.

5. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

Here are some pics of the new F350 and the other plow trucks.

008.JPG

009.JPG

007.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

6. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

A few more.

005.JPG

002.JPG

7. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

First of all, nice trucks.....Second, how much friggin ground clearence do you need, measure it I bet you got a good 6+ "

8. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

real nice trucks. id say either a suspenion lift, or another style plow...ultramount maybe. what is that an rt3?

9. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

Thanks,

No 6". It measures at 4.5" ground clearance without the plow. It scrapes going in or out of a parking lot now without the plow on it. Maybe a 2" to 3" lift is all I need.

10. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

The plow closest is a Super Duty 8'6", the other is 8' Super Duty.

11. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

I take it thats it's a Boss or Western plow set-up

12. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

And that is why I am not a Boss fan......

13. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Quiet...:laughing:...You'll be shot, I'll take a Fisher please in my unprofessional opinion

14. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

What spring codes do you have in the front there. You could go up a spring code or two and possibly level that out nice.

I know this is a 4X4, but this is mine with F550 7000# springs:
    [​IMG]

15. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Thats what I like. I dont have one. I have a curtis cause it came with my truck. And I like mine. But if I were to go out and buy one it would be a fisher cause they seem to have the mount figured out.

16. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

It is a Boss.

17. schmol

schmol Senior Member

For sure get the stiffest springs Ford offers and install them, should help with the sag out front. The Boss mount however is also adding to your problem, it really hangs super low compared to others.

18. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Idont know what to tell ya....I always ran Fishers & loved them, never had a ground clearence problem or anything go bad in the middle of a storm that I didnt see coming....Either way you have a real nice truck & will love it, it will be a friggin tank, believe me......It's good to see other 2wd dually's out there moving snow :drinkup:

19. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

It'll do fine if I can get her lifted a couple inches. The part of Md. I'm in is flat as a pancake, and between the Chesepeake and the Atlantic, so we get little snow and what we get is wet, heavy, slop. If we get 8" in one event, it's a major deal. I like the snow plow ads where the truck is plowing with a huge spray of snow blowing over the cab. Doesn't happen that way here. Here, it tends to start as a mix, change to snow, and back to a mix, then freezes.

My other option is a 2005 F250 4x4 crew, not shown in the pics, but I may move the plow to that truck if the bracket will fit.

20. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

Nice truck. What model year is it?
    Is that a dually? Can't tell from the side?