1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350 2wd Dually Mount Question?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SullivanSeptic, Nov 8, 2010.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a 2008 F350 Dually Cab/chassis. I also have a Western Ultramount plow side sitting around. Does anyone know what mount will fit on this truck? Western does not show a mount on their web site due to the 2wd. I am planning on putting a vbox on the frame and figure I might as well have a plow on the front. Let me know if someone knows if the 4x4 mount for this truck will fir the same? Thanks

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I want to say no, as an 08 350 uses a twin I beam suspension and not a solid front axle like a 4x4. The front end will not stand up to plowing and you will be over the legal limit.

3. SullivanSeptic

Im not too worried about the weight limit. Im over on my chevy too but that doesnt really concern me. I just want to find an actually Ultramount bracket that will mount up to the truck

4. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Again, I would still think not because the brackets were made to line up with the SFA, and not the TIB. Don't quote me on this though, but I am pretty sure it won't fit.

5. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Not the answer he was looking for!:realmad:

6. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Are you high? He wanted to transfer a mount that fit a 4wd truck to a 2wd truck. I said I think the brackets won't line up because of the different suspension designs and that the truck will be overweight. What part of this do you not comprehend?

7. SullivanSeptic

Easy now. I think he just meant that I really want a western mount to work on this truck. So your answer wasn't what I was hoping for

8. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Have you tried your local dealer at all? If you are hell bent on it, I think you might have to fabricate something up.

9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Yes I was high! My reply wasn't disrespecting you one bit. I know that he really wants this truck set up soon. Therefore he didn't want to hear Western doesn't make a mount. Lets not be so quick to jump on someone's a$$!:waving:

10. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Sorry. Text is emotional vague. Makes things hard.