1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F350/250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by traviswalker007, Jan 8, 2008.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

I am thinking of buying a new work truck either the 08 f350 or 250, or a 08 gmc 2500..i have heard alot of bad feed back on the new ford disel motors with gas milage and power, but very few on the duramax...anybody own a 08 f350?? any problems?? would you get rid of it if you could?? im gonna buy in the next few weeks..

2. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I just bought a 08 f350 lariat psd, only had it about a month now but it does have 8k on it. In my opinion its way to early to form a real opinion and I’m not per say a truck guru . I do like many things about the truck. I gave my 04 3500 cummins to one of my guys so you have an idea of where I’m coming from. Things I like,
    Lots of power, very quite in comparison, much smoother ride, much better low end torque, excellent brake controller, nice leather quality, front end of truck hardly sags when carrying the 9’2”xt, there’s more but thats what comes to me off the top of my head.
    Cons
    Fuel tank is smaller, millage isn’t nearly as good as the Cummins, turning radius is good but requires an extra half turn on the wheel, felt like I was driving a school bus for the first little while, doesn’t sound nearly as mean, sucks up snow in the air box (when not using bra)
    On the whole I do like the truck, it looks mean and sits high, its also a heavier truck. Good luck, I like the Dmax’s too but just not for a plow truck, independent front suspension, revs to high traveling quickly in reverse, jmo.

3. plownit

plownit Junior Member
    from ohio

I have 08 f350 DRW king ranch, 91 gallon extra fuel tank fs-2500 bypass filter system, I love it. i have 57k on it.......bought it in aug. 07 with 23miles on it. I pull rv's all over the us...........that's why the high miles. my best mpg is at 60-63 mt and loaded. I can get anywhere from 8.5-10.5 with a heavy trailer to 9.5-11.5 with a lighter trailer. I'm at 14.5-18 mt, depending on what part of the country i'm in. i bought my son's 9.5 boss plow and am helping him with his plow business. one problem now is the turn signal thing. see post for super duty in boss plow section. this thing will pull anything so far. 21000lb fifth wheels, 40 ft. goose neck (heavy) horse trailers and oh ya my sons goose neck with his pulling truck.
    any questions just let me know:drinkup::drinkup:

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

that sounds like u have tested that ride. i love hearing stuff like this it kinda saddens me to see trucks just driving around with women in them no trailer hitch or nothing no tool box i think trucks r for work or farm.

5. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I have a 08 F450 CC 6.4 and bought it new 4 months ago and now has around 25k on it. We transport cars. I have had 4 radiators and other then a few little things the truck is great. Fuel milege blows but with all this new emissions crap just about all of them get terrible milege. I have said several times I would rather have horses pull my units then a chevy and I stand by that. I run my trucks HARD everyday. I do not think a duramax could withstand the abuse I would put it through. Guys in my buissness tell me the chveys are worn out at 100k. It sounds like Ford has the kinks worked out of the new 6.4. Radiators and DPF Filters were problems in the begining but thats about it. Everyone was ready to trash the new 6.4 being that Ford's 6.0 was the worst engine ever made in my opinion. I think you will be very happy with a new Ford. Good luckwesport

6. lieutlamson

lieutlamson Member

Either truck you really cant go wrong. However the Duramax and the Allison work really well together. The new LMM is the same as the LBZ except for the DPF so its been out for a few years with minimal problems. The allison with the 6spd give you better fuel mileage than the Ford also.