1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F250SD Western Install Issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Frozen001, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Ok SO this weekend I finally got around to putting my plow on my new 08 F-250SD XLT.

Everything went good for the most part, but I have two issues:

1) The drivers side mount I cannot seem to get straight up and down. It was straight until I torque down the bolts. The Mount is brand new, and I tied several times to get it right, but it kept doing the same thing. The plow mounts up and comes off fine, but it just looks off... It is almost like I need to add washers to the inner side of the mount between the truck frame and mount.

2) The Drivers side low-beam on the truck intermittantly will not work. Basically sometimes when I turn on the headlights (I have the manual on lights) the drivers side low beam does not work sometimes... If I turn the lights off/on a few times it will work fine (ie stay on the rest of the time). The high beam works fine. This is with the plow off.

Any Thoughts??

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Can you post pics of the mount? As far as the headlight goes seems like a connection issue. How did you splice the wires in?

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Here is a picture of the mount

[​IMG]

Notice the tilt (outer side lower than inner side) The plow itself mounts up fine, but like I said it is going to drive me crazy knowing it is tilted...

as for the wiring I used the western wiring harness on the headlights. Unplugged the factor harness, and put the western harness in-line. The only thing I sliced was the turn signals and parking lights. I tried wiggling the wires I could reach with out taking the headlight out, but that did nothing. When I first noticed it I thought the bulb was blown, but the next day it worked fine, then this morning it did not work again. That is when I figured out if I cycled the lights on and off a few times it would come back on.

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Sorry I cant help you with your problems, but maybe you could help me? I am going to install a new wideout on my 2008 f250. Could you post or send some pics of where you have the isolation module mounted and where your wiring goes through the firewall? This would be a big help. There is no room under the hood anywhere. Oh by the way it is a diesel! Any help will be appreciated!!!!:)

5. M&M Services

from midwest

Frozen001 I see what you are talking about.. Loosen the passenger side and the cross bar up. support the mount against the frame, same with the drivers (put a jack underneath it to keep tight up against the frame) tighten the drivers then passenger kind of back and forth, and then torque it see what happens. Also my dads 05 did the same thing with the drivers headlight on the truck turned out to be a bad connection at the parking lights.. Does the light on the plow work when connected?

drottlawn- There should be a pass through in the firewall by the e-brake it will look like a black plug, should be a round one or it may have a rectangle black plug too, both of which are to pass wires though... Or look for the factory access wires that are up by the drivers side hood hinge. As far as ISO mounting we mounted ours behind the drivers headlight....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I mounted the isolation module behind the drivers side headlight... the instructions actually show it there. Plenty of room in there. Seems odd the way they recommend mounting it, but it works. The only thing I did was to pull all the fuses up and into the area above the headlight so I could get at them without removing the headlight.

I might pull my headlight to look at the wiring to see if I can resolve the light problem. If I do I will snap a few pictures...

7. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

yes...mount the module behind the drivers headlight with velcro on the inside of the fender...as far as the firewall...the foil looking piece behind the brake reservoir is awsome cuz you can make it as big or little as you want...by the way the wideout looks awsome on the 2008 sd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I got me one!@!!!

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I am really not wanting to take the bumper off again it was kind of a PIA if you ask me unless I was going about it wrong...but I guess I am going to have to if I want it to sit level...

On the headlight...the brief time I had the plow on to make sure everything worked the plow lights worked.

The head light worked fine all night tonight, so I am really thinking it is a flaky connection somewhere, and only shows up when it is cold, as the past two times it did not work was first thing in the mourning when it has been cooler..

9. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Thanks so much for the help guys!!! I guess I know what I will be doing next week!! Good luck with the headlight monster. I will view this thread if I have this problem while installing mine. I hope I don't!:confused:

10. M&M Services

from midwest

I know it is a PITA... LOL.. Good luck, keep us posted!

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Well Last night the lights worked fine... not this moring NEITHER headlight worked... had to cycle the lights 3 times before they worked....

12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

is your truck a job#1 ?? i heard of problems with headlights with those, dealer may have to re-flash your truck. i'm installing mine next week , did u have to do any drilling's?

13. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

How do I know if it is a Job#1 truck??

No holes had to be drilled at all.

14. 1olddogtwo

should be on window sticker. whats your date code on door (month/year)

15. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Date on door sticker is 5/07... I found TSB 07-9-1 which says it only covers truck built prior to 4/18/2007...

16. 1olddogtwo

i think thats a job 2 truck(theirs 3 ) i wish i could b more useful.

17. 1olddogtwo

any luck with the lights?? did mine over the weekend ,knock on wood no problems.

plow 10-25 014.jpg

18. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Was at the dealer today/// they reflashed the truck according to the tsb, so we will see if it works out...

Nice truck...

19. wnyps

wnyps Member

I have a job 2 truck built in oct 07, job 1 trucks were built prior to july 07. Also job 1 trucks have the smaller air dam, job 2 trucks and up have the larger air dam.

20. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Yea my truck has the small air dam... So far so good on the headlights.

Anyone else notice the dashlights are "dim" even though they are adjusted all the way up...