1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 f250 wheel bearing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by XplowX, Mar 8, 2011.

1. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

I cant believe my 08 f250 needs a front wheel bearing. with less than 30,000 miles it grinding and growling. I can see the dealer breaking my balls about warranting it. I think it time for a 2011

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

yea thats seems a little early for a wheel bearing

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:dizzy:

4. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

Just bought a f350 supercab platnium white, with the 6.2, wheel bearing issue solved

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Almost as bad as it got dirty so I bought a new one.

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Some would rather make absurd payments than get their hands dirty... But, unless it was a really really early 08, with 30k the ford dealer should be replacing the bearing under warranty, that's way too early unless there's more to the story...

7. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I cant believe this light bulb blew, I need a new house

8. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I guess 1k lbs of plow hanging off the front has nothing to due with a bearing failure??? What about driving style or offset wheels???

9. swtiih

So the fix to a wheel bearing was a new truck ?

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Don't let pinky see this thread......................the sfa has nothing to do with hub bearings wearing quickly, must be operator error. ;)

11. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

2nd post fool! :laughing:

12. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

live spindle conversion = money in the bank in the end . payup

13. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

well i had to pickup splash gaurds for my new truck today, and i was talking to the service writer and he told me the 08 i traded in needed, both front wheel bearings, u joints, brakes and rotors all the way around, and my new truck payment is only 27 bucks more a month, it was like a no brainer for me. The salesman already sold the truck i traded in too

14. swtiih

Makes sense when the payment is only $27.Were these gas or diesel trucks and what do you think of the difference so far?
    Did you keep the plow and harness?

15. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

And another 4 years of payments too I'll bet... :rolleyes:

You must be drivin' it like ya stole it to need that much work at 30k miles. I'd hate to be the next guy to own your old truck. :dizzy:

16. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

I accutally traded my old boss plow in for a new one, the harness and mounting plates all swapped over. the truck i traded was a 5.4 gas and i got a 6.2 gas. the 6.2 has big improvements over the 5.4 I dont see it practical in buying a deisel. I live in the snow belt of Central new york, we average 120 inches of snow a year, so truck carries the plow from november to april .

17. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

and all the tons of salt thay put down up here will eat the under side of the trucks/cars and require faster changes in parts big time.

18. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Word. :dizzy:

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just tuning in ....

20. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

i usaully get rid of my trucks when the warranty is about to expire anyway, so i was close enough i just like that new truck smell