1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F250 Install Questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Frozen001, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I plan I starting my install on my 250SD next week. Planning ahead I was looking for a good place to put the Western Isolation module. The only place that I see that is somewhat isolated from the environment is behing the passenger side head light. Anyone else have any other ideas?

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I'm not sure how big that module is for the western, but boss plows use 6 relays for the 08 Fords - I made a braket that attached to fender wall and holds them in front of the master cylinder area. There is room behind the lights but with the Boss harness and the size of relays that wasn't an option.

There just isn't anyplace to mount anything under that hood - my solenoid is mounted to my air filter cover.

3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Yup I was thinking the same thing as I was looking around... The Western is one box maybe a 12x6 with three wire bundles going to it... It looks like there is room, but will not know until I start...

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I didn't realize yours was a gas truck - you should see the diesels :dizzy:

5. PRAM

PRAM Member
    from toronto

I have an 08 F350 diesel. I only want a mid size plow 7'6 or 8' any sggestions on make and model?

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

With a CC go with an 8' or you will be running over your trail off on turns... ANy one of the plow makes will work, it is all personal preference...

7. PRAM

PRAM Member
    from toronto

Thank you...that is sound advice!

8. pondo

pondo Junior Member

HI PRAM

What plow did you go with? I have a 2008 F250 CC Diesel. But I am tight on F Axel WR, ie 5600lbs and truck currently is 5000.

9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I just did my install and I put mine on top of the fuse panel under the hood with the velcro provided with the kit.

10. PRAM

PRAM Member
    from toronto

I put a blizzard 8' straight blade....no timbrens etc...

11. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I have an 02' F350 Diesel and installed the module right behind the air filter box. Not sure how much they changed the layout in the newer trucks.

12. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I ended up with my isolation module behind the Drivers side Headlight, just as the manual suggested...