1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F250 hideaways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pushin 4 u, Sep 2, 2008.

1. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

Anyone put these whelen 6 port 90w strobes on a 2008 regular cab F250? Where do you usually put the box? Can I hook up to my outfitter switches? Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thanks boys...and girls.

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

well i don't know about the 08's but i have a 96 and the box is velcroed right behind my drivers seat in the corner. then i made a little bracket and used an existing bolt right above the 4wheel drive lever. hope this helps

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i did them on a 2000 f350 and from looking at my dealer working with the 08 fords to put plows on i dont see why it wouldnt be a problem. id go with them in the turn signals up front and the reverse lights in the rear, maybe even an amber bulb in there but clear will work. i put the power supply behind my passenger seat on the floor by the ford factory jack and it sat right in there and had no wheres to slide. yes you can hook them up to your upfitter swithces just got to wire them up to them. good luck with the install, and make sure you have long enough strobe cables, when i had the h/aways i used 20 ft. in rear, and 15 ft. up front, much better to have extra cable. :drinkup:

4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Put the box on the floor or the back wall behind the passengers seat. The upfitter switches are 4 orange wires up under the dash with blunt cut ends. Use these to power the activation wires on the supply and run the pos on the supply to the battery.

Also, up front, bulbs in the turn signal, to the inside of the existing light.
    In the back, go in the taillight and the empty reflector space below it. They won't fit in the reverse lights....trust me on that one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  5. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

Thank You All!!!

JD and LPLC thank you for the help and Blue Line...Holy Crap those pictures are EXACTLY what I need. I never thought to put the box behind one of the seats, I would've zip-tied the thing under the dash but if the wires are that short after routing, behind the seat is perfect!!! Thank you boys again.

6. LawnProLandscapes

np bud, good luck with the install and have fun, remember to take a vid when your done if you can. if you have any questions dont be afraid to post em, or pm blue line , he installs lights and has a vast knowledge to help.

7. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

LPLC and Blueline thanks again...I finally got them in.!!!! I was an a$$ and muscled them into the reverse lights. First I drilled a 5/8 inch hole and them dremeled them to fit. It turned out prettier than I thought it would since the lights don't sit flush, but I put the foam gasket on it and a some blue RTV and it looks almost good. When I get camera back from daughter I'll post pics..

8. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

if you were really daring. Put them in the Fog lights in the front. Very tight fit, But OMG with the chrome housing in the back and the tight space, the amber is unreal. i have 4 in my front, and 2 700 series tube strobes in the back.

9. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

more lights

the more lights for the a$$e$ i mean masses to see the better!!!!! although the more lights you have and the more beers they have when your trying plow makes for a very interesting night.

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

it has been suggested that drunks actually will drift into a flashing light because it kind "hizmatizes" them...

11. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

It has actually been proven!!! makes the cost facter of hideaways versus the single magnetic strobe kind of funny in a sick way...spend more money,possibly get hit...spend less and possibly not hahaha!

12. LawnProLandscapes

haha glad to hear you got them in, there not too bad to install once you get going... ;) i looked forward to seeing some pics..

13. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

soon

I got the camera back...now lovely daughter needs to find the patch cord...need cord because having issues with card...

14. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Buddy of mine put them in his '08 and he's very happy. I have a set if you still need 'em.

15. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Personally, I would have taken BlueLine's advice and not tried that.......you are pretty daring with your brand new truck.....

16. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

That lense that blue line was holding didnt look like an '08, it looked like a pre '08 tail light......I think

17. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

no that was a 08 tailight. the part that looks misleading is that he put tube in the reflector housing on the bottom which is where the rev lights in on the older style lights. the 08s the rev light is on the top.

18. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

stroker is right...this technology thing is killing me....still have to post the pics....gicon...i was thinking bout this the whole time that the $2 bit was going thru my taillight...any info on how to get all that damn plastic out of the lenses? front or back...the more i think i got it all ...more shows up!

19. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

A big powerful shop vac and compressed air combined with gravity. :dizzy:

Its tough, especially with the new clear lenses where you can see everything.

20. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Make sure you rub the circle with your fingers so it is smooth, thats where some of it is hiding, than blow it out with a compressor or vac it out. Def dont use water though.....