1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F250 Gasser - Anyboy got one?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fattyry, Jul 23, 2008.

1. I was wondering what guys thought about the 08 f250 5.4 gassers. I know the diesels are getting like 6 miles a gallon, but what about the gasser? What are your overall impressions? How does it handle plowing, etc?

Looking at possibly getting an 08 F250 ext cab XLT or Lariat sometime in the fall...
  2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I know someone who owns one. And he loves it. He told me he was getting 11-13mpg city. he has a boss v-plow on his. He has the lariat package also.
  3. I've heard that the mileage is better, which is good to hear. And, they look so much better than the new Chevys...it took a while for me to warm up to it, but I like the Tonka truck front grill.
  4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i get 10.5 miles per gallon..i love my truck but the gas is literally killing me....
  5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

if your getting a gasser you might as well get the 6.8 V10.. fuel mileage is close unloaded but loaded or plowing the v10 is better because it doesnt have to work as hard and the r's stay lower. i know the new 6.4 diesel fuel mileage is low due to being choked out by new emissions but i dont think its that low. id be real surprised to see it under 10 mpg's...

anyways if your set on getting the 5.4 its a reliable motor but its a little underpowered... i have an uncle with one in a 350 and he is in the construction business and he is happy with it..
  6. I think I'd stick w/ the 5.4 since I'd be doing very little, if any towing...

I'm just in the wishing stages right now, have to wait and see what the new job search brings me.

On a totally unrelated note, I was wondering if you Mohawk Valley guys could tell me if the Buffalo Bills have their games on TV up there and in the Albany area. The job search may take me up there, and I'd love to know if the Bills are on TV. I know the Giants are the NFC team on TV up there, but I'm not sure if the Bills, Jets, or Pats are the AFC team...
  7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

up where i am they usually do, albany is about an hour east of me so im not sure about there.
  8. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I'm just outside Utica and yes we get to watch the Bills! I have '06 F250 5.4 with a Boss V, it's perfect for my needs. I get about 10.5 to 11.5 mpg in 2 wheel drive no plow, Been a great truck so far, no problems, and yes even the oil pan still looks new! (I know; -here we go..)
  9. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

I got a 202 f250 I got a dump insert in my truck and I haul a 7x14 enclosed trailer and I get about 8-10 mpg. Its a 5.4 V8, I want to get a diesel, but nothing brand new between a 1999-2003. I want a 7.3 I believe its the best diesel engine ford has ever had.
  10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Agreed 100% I wish could have found a V10 when I bought my 06. Mine is a 5.4 gasser with 4:10 limited slip and it does great in the snow, even with the stock Perelli's it came with. I am looking at some new Mich. silent armor's at 185.00 each ...ouch. I added a K&N air induction kit to it last summer and I'm averaging around 12mpg loaded with grass in the bed,towing a 8.5x16 enclosed trailer loaded with mowers and stuff or empty. IMO it will definetely get the job done and it handels my V blade great.
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The diesel's get better MPG then a 5.4
    Our van style ambulances, fully stocked with 6.0's and 6.5's PowerStrokes get 13.5 -->14.4 MPG. That's a mix of highway and mostly city driving. Where they get you is when you buy it. I have heard it's an $8,500 option now ! The 14 quarts of oil at a change does not help either.