1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 f150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bbct001, Jul 20, 2011.

1. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Hey all, new guy here. Been lurking around the site for a few years, but 1st post.

I have an 08 F150 crew cab. Truck has the towing package. Would like to put a 7.5 Fisher SD on it. Fisher of course says no way.

2 questions for anyone running a plow on this truck, or similiar. 1st, if I put a set of Timbrens up front, will weight be an issue? 2nd, I may be driving approx. 60 highway miles with this blade, on a fairly regular basis. Will I have enough airflow to keep temps down?

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

This is not a direct answer to your question but ...... There is about a 50 / 50 split on these forums about using a 1500 series truck of any make for plowing snow. The manufacturers are against this. Several members here have successfully used these trucks for plowing. I hope one of them sees you questions and can answer you from their experience.

3. thelettuceman

By the way ... Welcome to the forums!!

4. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Thanks for the reply. After the post, I did a little search around here, and doesn't look feasible. I think the long distance travel is going to kill me. I just bought this truck 3 months ago, wish I hadn't traded my Chevy, since that is approved for a bunch of different blades!

I've been plowing with someone else's equipment for 12 years, and due to a change of jobs won't be able to make it work this year. Was hoping I could throw a blade on my truck and do a couple of places, just to keep from going nuts this coming winter. But, looks like I'll buck up and buy a snowblower, or a plow for the quad!

Thanks for the response.

5. thelettuceman

You could mount a home owners plow on the truck like a snow bear. They are lighter in weight. I would not trust that set up for commercial use. Just my 2 cents.

6. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Yeah, I've been running a 9'6 extreme v for the past few years, tough transition! Thanks for the advice though.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't see any reason why you couldn't run a 7'6" SD on that truck. I ran a 7'6" HD on my 03 Dakota and my route was over 100 miles.