1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F150 Sport Duty Install

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by capecodplow, Jan 2, 2015.

1. capecodplow

capecodplow Junior Member
    from MA

Hi there...

Hoping to find some photos of an RT3 mount on the front of an F150 to give me a better idea of what to expect from mine. Adding a 7.5' Sport Duty and just trying to get perspective on plastic notching, etc.

Much appreciated!

Dave

2. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

i put one on my 13. i had to cut the whole valance from tow hook to tow hook. you may way to just unbolt the plastic from the steel bumper to save it in case you try to sell the truck.

3. capecodplow

from MA

I can see chopping out a lot of it. I was wondering if I need to pull my toe hooks to get the 14.5" and have clearance for the plow frame pins when it attaches.

4. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

I think its the same as mine and it uses the tow hook bolts in the front. But in the pics of the directions it looks like you can put the hooks back on with the frame. I left mine off.

5. capecodplow

from MA

That doesn't surprise me. If you have a moment to post a pic I would appreciate it.

6. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

I'll see what I can do in am. Check part numbers if you get a few and see if its the same. Then I can tell you for sure what you need. I'll look at my dads 08 and see what's different

7. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct