1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 f-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by skferreri, Oct 17, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I have a 08 f-350 with a 8 1/2 mvp plus snowplow on it.My problem is that my plow lights jump around alot when driving and i was told it was the trucks front end being so stiff.Any opions would be cool

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

It dose not have the 2 post lights? If not I would get some. My meyers lights dont move around on my superduty at all and they are 1 post lights. I wish I could help you out more. Did you try to put lock tight on the nut?

3. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

It has the 2 post nut and everything is tight

4. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

does it have the adapter plate to make the lights stick forward from the hood? if it does remove the plates they are not needed the hood will clear with out them.

5. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Green Grass,
    That is exactly what I was going to say. :salute:

I helped someone last year with this same problem. Remove those stupid extension brackets and rebolt them on the main tower. You will be surprised the difference!

6. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I took the plate of and no change.If any body has a mvp plus on a 08 f-350 please let me know .thanks

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If it's any condolence, my Boss lights did the same thing .It's the price you pay for a strong work truck. Only you can do is put the plow on a Chevy with it's soft ride.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  8. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

thanks for the info

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

exactly, they ride like a lumber wagon and i love it ;)

10. TEX

TEX Senior Member

can you put some rubber washer on it to help with the vibration

11. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

It's really not the vibration it more of a jumpy motion

12. TEX

TEX Senior Member

oh got ya.....

13. Green Grass

can you post some pics of how the lights are mounted?

14. wnyps

wnyps Member

I have the same truck with the same kind of plow (8.6 MVP), no problems at all with the lights . If you want to look at mine just let me know (I live in depew/cheek.) Darren

15. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Keep in mind that Ford has a few different spring rate options for their front ends. Starting with the gassers at 4400lbs (supercab standard), 4800 (crewcab standard), 5200 (supercab gasser plow prep), 5600 (CrewCab gasser plow prep). Then they get into the 6000 and up for diesels.

Your truck will give the FGAWR on the driver's side door jamb. Maybe you could both look at yours to see what they are. Plus, are your trucks the same body (SC or CC) and engine?

16. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

Darren maybe some day i can stop by and take a quick look at your set up and compare.

17. Jeff Mishler

Jeff Mishler Junior Member

part numbers?

I have an 05 gas F250 SC SB (4400 fgawr). I called 2 dealers to get the 5200 springs and neither were able to look up part numbers. The only advice given was to find a snow prepped 250 on a lot and get the spring code from the same door sticker in the lower right. Apparently that code is the way to the part number. Or a VIN to a plow prepped clone to my truck.
    Anyone know that Ford part number or code to the heavy springs? Also, the plow I am putting on says 5200 minimum fgawr. I will only plow part time (if I can find a place to sub in my area) but would the 5600 or higher be a better choice rather than getting the minimum required 5200 rated springs?
    Thanks.

Jeff Mishler

18. Green Grass

Jeff,
    I have a pair if you want them I put 6500lbs in my F350. Other wise wabash truck works in Ohio can give you the info. They have a web site of www.Powerstrokeshop.com

19. Jeff Mishler

Jeff Mishler Junior Member

Green Grass

Thank you! I have found 5600# springs are $58 at my local dealer (sounded cheap). What would you want to charge for them? What weight rating are they? I can check on shipping charges with a zip code.

I was pricing places to do the swap ($225 at a small 4x4 shop in town was best). One guy said I would not need a spring compressor and to do it myself. Another said it did require a compressor. I need to look at a shop manual I guess.

Jeff

20. Green Grass

you can do it yourself will just need an alignment after all you have to do is jack the front on the truck up on the frame then pull the front tires then pull the shock bolts out drop the axle down and switch the springs. All I would charge you is shipping for the springs but that might be expensive do to the weight. my zip code is 55364