1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F-350 were to mount my plow plug???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 2FAST4U, Jan 19, 2009.

1. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

Hey guys I've had my plug mounted right on the side of my truck's plow frame. used the left over holes for the push bar. but this last storm I had to stack so high that when the plow rolls on the hitch pins the frame rubs on the plug. after a half a day the plugs been moved so much that I have to get out and push it back in so the controller works again..
    So here the spec's
    2008 F350
    New Boss 8'-2" power V
    the little bracket for the truck side of the plow harness

so were did you guys mount your little bracket? pics would be nice

and no I really dont want to just plug it in and throw the harness inside my bumper to much snow ends up in there and if I ever had to unplug the plow it would be imposable..

2. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

ive got a 08 550 an a fisher all my conections are zip tie inside the bumper very easy to hook up in the spring i just tuck every thing insie the hood and zip tie cables that way when your not thinking of snow in the summer you are not reminded by the cables hanging out looks much cleaner

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

04 f250 hiniker setup is on the grille...I'm sure you could fab something up like this.

DSCN3332.jpg

DSCN3341.jpg

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I would never have anything like that on the front of my truck.

5. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Not sure on the 08 but on my 05 I removed the driver's side tow hook and built a bracket to bolt to the stock plug bracket that fits inside the pocket of the frame. It's deepset so it won't get hit and broke.

6. kvann1977

kvann1977 Junior Member
    from midwest

i got rid of that ugly bracket all together... 03 dodge ram the grille lifts with the hood and just tucked the wires behind the headlights when not in use.. nothing is exposed to the elements of nature... yes you do have to lift the hood when on/off with the plow but small price to pay vs. busting the cheap plastic grilles that are made on most popular trucks now;.. good luck

7. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Why not make the bracket behind the grill going along the bottom and only have the plug ends sticking out alittle.

8. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

thats guys moved my again just need another storm to hook up the plow and see if its better. I'll get some pics up later, and yes this is more of a cosmetic (sp) thing then any thing else. as much as this truck cost:cry: it has to look nice all the time no matter what its doing.

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Mine goes commando,it just dangles when it's not being used.