1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 f 350 gas engine

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nor'easter1, Oct 8, 2010.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Men I have a tough to describe situation with one of my 2008. When you push on the gas and get the rpm's up to say 2700-3000 r it makes this rattling type noise until it shifts. it sounds like a rattle snakes tail. It seems to happen especially when the truck is warming up to its levels but if put the pedal down it does it shifting from 2 to 3 to 4 really. No performance issues just very annoying and wondering what the hell it is. 2008 f 350 gas xlt with 30,500 on her great truck. Oh yes if you lay off the pedal the noise stops.

2. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

Have you taken it it nto the dealer? Sounds like it may still be under warranty... My GF's car is down now and they are fixing everything even stuff I did not think was warranty. They really stepped up their game!

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Off to the dealer you go.

4. tim096

tim096 Senior Member
    from wny

Sounds like the cam pazers , and it will be warr.

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

get it to the dealer soon

6. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Check your heat shields on the exhaust y-pipe, they are welded on and some have a clamp that will break also. i have had some on our E-vans break loose and cause a rattle as you described. I just install a hose clamp around the heat shield and the noise goes away every time. Good luck

7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

let us know what happens

8. 01lariat

01lariat Member

The tin cover for the torque converter also can rattle against the bell housing. That is an annoying one.

9. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

got the awnser

brought it to dealer. The mechanic drove it and then discovered there where stones trapped in a "heat shield". Any ways he removed them and all is quiet. Felt like an idiot bringing it in but the mechanic said use Fords pocket as much as you can while under warranty.