1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F 250 Tranmission Problem ??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Deebo53, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

I recently purchased an 2008 F 250 superduty about 2 months ago. At the time it had 113000 miles on it. I was recently just driving the truck and the truck stopped moving completely after i was stopped at a light. The RPM and gears all shift but every time i go to press on the gas the truck does completely nothing. I have called the dealership which i purchased it from and they said that the truck was sold "as is" and that since i put a plow on the truck it doesnt cover their 3 month 3000 mile warranty. I have only put 900 miles on the truck since i had it.

Does this sound like a trans problem?

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them?

I have raised hell with the dealership but they are non compliant, is there anything i can do to make them take care of this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for all of your help.

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

If the truck is equipped with the plow prep package you can use that to your advantage at the dealer, if not I'd still push the issue. I hope it's a factory dealer and not a mom/pop dealership, you'd probably have better success with the factory dealers.

3. Urdum2

Urdum2 Member

I would say transmission.... Has happened to me in my 2004 Chevy 2500.... Just up and quit moving....happen New Year's Eve 2013 and once in 2006... Buying a ford

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does it have fluid in it? And what does it look/smell like?

5. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

Transmission fluid is fine, there is no smell to it. Just up n quit working.