1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 F-250 Heater Core replacement

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by news913, Feb 21, 2014.

1. news913

news913 Member

Pretty sure my heater core is going, I was wondering if anyone has replaced one one on the 08- and newer trucks. I saw a video for the 99-07 and they were right behind the glove box (no need to rip the dash apart). I am HOPING the 08's and newer are the same. I haven't had a chance to pull anything apart yet, probably this weekend. I didn't see any leaks anywhere and the resivoir is a bit low and I smell a hint of antifreeze when I first turn the heat on in the truck. The truck still has heat though. Any thoughts???

2008 F-250 5.4 Liter V8
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

If you're smelling it in the cab it is most likely the heater core. Hopefully it's as easy as just removing the glovebox.
  3. Northernplowguy

Northernplowguy Junior Member

I do them all the time at work( day job at a ford dealer). You have to pull the dash out to access the heater core box. Then pull that out and then replace the heater core. Takes about 8-10 hrs