1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 ezv problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joestruck, Dec 25, 2012.

1. joestruck

joestruck Junior Member

I recently bought an 08 f350 that has the ezv plow installed on it. Overall its in great shape,but I have no history on it. I changed the fluid,added a homemade center flap.

I had an older vplow with the 4 round push buttons to the outside of the up/down/left/right 4.

This controller is the "mode" change fishstick .This controller is new to me,it seems to work correctly except when running in "straight" blade position. It will not pull evenly left or right,so I cannot maintain a straight blade .

Does anyone have any insight on how to troubleshoot this problem? I did read several posts prior to my posting.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. JayJay

JayJay Junior Member
    from ohio

Press and hold the mode button until it flashes.
    This will give you control of each wing.

3. joestruck

joestruck Junior Member

Fairly sure I have done that .And it will not stay on straight left or right like a straight blade should. I am taking it in tomorrow,but i will try again. Thanks

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'm not entirely sure, I've done very little with the EzV's, but I recall someone else with this problem, and it turned out to be the controller...you might ask the service department, or even parts, if you can try a new one on it real quick before spending the $$ on a service bill. Good luck, and let us know your findings.

5. joestruck

joestruck Junior Member

All set...

Place motors fixed it . Was a stuck valve,has three valves and was one letting fluid pass,causing the drift of the blade.$138.00

The controller is an updated one.Thanks for trying to help.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Excellent, just in time, looks like we're in for some snow!