1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, 6.7, auto 4x4, Make $1000.00

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wls, Oct 23, 2008.

1. wls

wls Senior Member

2008 Dodge Dually 3500 SLT 4x4, Big Horn Edition, bluetec diesel system. Currently has 8602 miles on it, runs great, lots of power. Jake brake, 6 sp auto. Nothing wrong with this truck. I have added a 5th wheel rails, step bars, contured fitted mats, vinyl mud flaps and tonnue cover.
    Take over lease, of 739.98, 32 months left on lease, can transfer, as long as credit is so-so. I will give you $1000.00 at signing. 5th wheel in pics also for sale, email for info. Or could buy outright, but if you own a business you can write off a large % of lease, in which Dodge has ended leases. This would make a great plow truck. No catch, we just want to get a Class A motorhome.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What's the buyout?
  3. wls

wls Senior Member

27500.00 for the truck
  4. badjuicedgt

badjuicedgt Junior Member
    from nw ohio

ill give you 27500 for the truck and pay it off tomorrow 419-576-7220
  5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

then you are loosing 1000 because he was gonna give some one 1000 at signing
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think the buyout is at the end of the 32 lease payments not the price today. JMO
  7. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

51k for a dodge diesel with 9k on the clock???
  8. wls

wls Senior Member

thats probaly what it is, if you carry out the lease then finance it, The good thing about that, is you get the benifit of the lease. But I would have turned it in before the lease came up, thou dodge does'nt have a lease program now, (if a person is bent on a dodge, I'm sure there's lease co's out there), this dealer handle Fords, in which for me a lease is great, I would have taken it over there and picked up a new Ford. But I'm going down a differant avuneue now. If a person actually wanted to buy this today, the payoff is probably 8000.00 less then the lease/buy out plan, I would have to check on it. Leases work good for me , one is the write off, and I have never put any money down, plus on 2 trucks they made the first payment, just turn one in, take one out.
  9. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Is the 5th wheel a " toy hauler" ???
  10. wls

wls Senior Member

no, you could fulltime in it though, 3 slides, 37' long
  11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Did this guy pull the trigger???? That sounds like an awfully low price. Where can you get an 08 Crew Cab Dually Duramax for under $35,000? Sounds like a deal and a half.
  12. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

13. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Cummins. My bad. I was on the phone with my buddy at the time, talking to him about the truck, and he has a Duramax.
  14. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I believe the pay off after the lease is fulfilled is the $27500 number. So you will get to pay 32 more payments of $740 or $23680 and have the right to buy the truck for $27,500.
  15. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

$51,000 is no deal.
  16. wls

wls Senior Member

to be honest, as the owner, at 51000.00 its not a great deal, but I would rather someone do a lease, take advantage of the 90-94% (don't quote me on that) write off then dump it. I'd have to check with my accountant for sure. I would'nt pay 51000 for a used truck, let alone a new one. I don't know if you a business man, or not, but lease write offs make more sense then miliage, at least they do for me. I been on the web looking around, see srw 2005/2006 dodge trucks owners asking 23-30 thousand, so I guess this would be in that ball park, after a couple years, plus its a dually, something you can actually pull/haul something with, I'm talking pin weight. And you get the 6.7, with the jake brake, and new trans. I also believe theres 31 months left on the lease

oh well lets all team up and get this sold, motor home buying season is upon us.
  17. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Well, good luck to you man. I hope you can sell it. I will keep my eye out for you if I come across anyone looking for a mint dually. The used truck market is tough, especially for 07's and 08's. The day you drive them off the lot.................you know the rest........
  18. wls

wls Senior Member

I agree, thanks