1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 dmax dually

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dmax08, Sep 3, 2007.

1. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

here is the new unit

2008 dually (2).jpg

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good! Have fun with it!:)

3. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

Are those stock wheels? lets see more pics!

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

sweet truck man have you pick a plow yet

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

wow, that is a big a-- truck! looking good

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good. Is it a 4X4? I'm sure it is, but it looks like it sits a little low.

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

all the new chevys sit low. its horrible. when i buy a new truck 5 or so years from now its probly not gonna be a chevy just because how low they sit.

8. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice truck and five-er. Got a blade on the truck yet?

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

bad ass rig man!!!

10. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

awesome truck! my buddy and i stopped and were looking at the new GMCs for him, and i was also really surprised at how low they sit, we couldnt even tell the difference between a 2wd and a 4wd, if fact, the salesman said that one of the other salesmen had sold a truck to a guy thinking it was 4wd but was 2wd hahaha, needless to say, that truck now has "2wd" written on the window! oops!

11. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

:dizzy: :eek: :D :D awesome truck!!!!!!!!! i wish i had that. im jealous now. good luck with the new truck

12. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

I already have the plows 8.6 and 9.6 fisher v.... they will carry over to the new truck other than the light harness and module, yes they are the stuck wheel covers... as well the 08 sits 4 inchs higher in the rear than my 05 dually. that toyhauler behind it is 17k so there is some weight behind it, 2850lb on the pin

13. DeereFarmer

Those are pretty sweet wheelcovers for stock.

14. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Thanks GM did a nice job on these trucks. I like this dually better then my previous 3. I will put up some pics after i get the plow frame etc. installed..

15. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I don't think it low at all. She looks fantastic. Being 9 feet off the ground with a axial and frame hanging down only defeats the purpose anyway. Chevy/GMC got it right in my book.

Enjoy your beautiful truck!

16. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

That is a nice truck.

Tim

17. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

So do you have 2 plows for the same truck? You said you have an 8.5 and a 9.5 Fisher V? May i ask why? Cant wait to see it with the plows on!

18. DeereFarmer

I didn't mean for anyone to take any offense about the low comment. It might be the picture or the fact that it's hooked up to the 5th wheel. I know the '05 3500 we have at work is just as tall as the Fords.

19. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

Yes I have two plows, well acutally 3 I have a stainless x blade/straight as well.. when I had my 2500hd I had the 8.5v and then with the duallys I have had I bought the 9.6.. I do allot of commercial plowing , so one parking lots I had was near my work but 35 miles a way so I opted to just leave the one plow on location instead of carrying it 60-70 miles a day. as for the stainless x some one needed the cash and the price was right .

20. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Thats pretty cool, guess you never have to worry about your plow breaking and not havin a backup. My vote is for a picture at the same angle as the one at the top of the page...of your new 08 with the 9.5 plow on and one with the X blade on. Thanks:waving: