1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CityGuy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2008 Chevy 2500 Crew 6.0. I have the integrated remote start and have been searching goggle and been unable to find if you can leave the truck running without the keys. I.E. go from driving it and then take the keys leaving it running and go into the gas station? I know I can exit and then restart it.
  2. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

No not woth a factory remote start. You can get the viper upgraged reciver for a couple hundred and be ready to roll
  3. J.onathan

J.onathan Junior Member

Try putting the truck in park, foot off the brake and hit the command start button. Most have this feature (My Ford Factory command start on my Navigator did as well as friends F150s)

My Current 06 Sierra (prostart) does this as well. Never had factory command start on a GM so I dont have experience with them but its worth a shot.
  4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I tried that along with using the start sequence of lock doors, then press hold start button. Thanks for the thought.