1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 chevy 2500 CCSB 4x4 duramax

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BTRBLDR, Nov 7, 2010.

BTRBLDR Member

I have been toying with the idea of selling my truck to free up some cash to buy another house. Here is the details:

The good:
    2008 Crew Cab LMM 4x4 LT, Black with black cloth interior, integrated trailer brake, digital climate control, 75,600miles. Has spray in bedliner, rails for a 5th wheel hitch, lund visor, tinted front windows, westin step bars, 4" stainless turbo back straight exhaust (have gibson muffler to go with the truck as well as the stock exhaust) with edge evo race tuner always on level 2 and NEVER been above. Oil always changed when DIC has come on. Tranny was flushed at 50k miles and the spin on filter has been replaced every 25k miles. Brand new toyo open country at's with less then 5k miles on them.

Truck currently has a trac rac system, cobra cb, 6 way hidden strobe kit and an 8' fisher minute mount plow all which I would like to keep but is not going to be a deal breaker if you want them.

The bad:
    1. Rear bumper has a 3"-4" crease on the passenger side from where I backed into the tongue of my trailer.
    2. Drivers side door and rear door have a scratch (about 16" long) down to the primer from where it was hit at a mall parking lot. (was quoted less than a $1000 to fix just didnt have the time to give up the truck)
    3.Radio screen hasnt worked since 37k miles. Radio works fine as well as the buttons on the wheel, just cant see what station its on. (found a new one on here and ebay for $25)

The truck books for rough trade in at $30k to excellent condition at $39k, Im looking for cash or a trade worth around $30k - $32k

I am looking for an older duramax 4x4 or a 7.3L powerstroke 4x4 in trade as well as cash. Truck is located in maine but I travel to mass every week if you wanted to meet to take a look at it. Any questions pm me. Sorry about the pic its all I have right now can get some more next week.

forgot to mention the truck is paid off for an easy transaction.....

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Didn't know you were on here too! I hit you up on the DP ;)

BTRBLDR Member

haha! ya these sites are addicting!
  4. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Seems like a fair price. I picked up my bone stock 08 with 60,000 miles on it for $36,000 OTD about 4 months ago. CCLB Duramax 4x4 LT. I think with the plow and other accessories around the 30K mark is a fair deal. Good LUCK!

P.S. Might want to throw in a set of frame gussets. 300 bucks OTD usually.

BTRBLDR Member

frame gussets? for what?
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Cracking the frame behind the upper a arm from the weight of the motor and the plow. I doubt you'd need them with just an 8' plow though. Nice truck and a nice deal IMO

BTRBLDR Member

thanks plow guy, I've been running plows on all my duramax's and never had an issue with any front end parts. Never heard of this before.
  8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I think its mostly happening to guys who run spreaders along with a big (Vplow, wide out, etc) plow on the front of a diesel GM.

Wish I was in the market cause its a nice truck.

BTRBLDR Member

to the top
  10. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Can you post a pic of where you have your cb mounted?
  11. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

yeah this is true.. i know a company had to take 3 blizzards off their trucks and buy new blades mid season because of this happening

BTRBLDR Member

back to the top

BTRBLDR Member

new pics

Here are some more pics. Truck just detailed and is ready for a new owner. Hate to see it go but I found another house so it has too.

BTRBLDR Member

BTRBLDR Member

back to the top. I've had 2 craigslist no shows and 1 that is coming "Monday" Found a house and truck I want, so its gotta go...

BTRBLDR Member

I really can't believe the people that I find on craigslist. Held out for 2 weeks for one guy and now he has fallen off the face of the earth. Now it's the first one with the cash gets the truck.

$29,999 firm. If you want the plow too lets make a deal...

BTRBLDR Member

80k miles now, new price $29k......

BTRBLDR Member

SOLD to a lucky fellow