1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 chevy 2500 bumper notching?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Misch-Rman, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

the western web site says i would need to notch my bumper on my new truck! does anyone know just how much notching i will have to do to put on a ultra mount? im not very thrilled at the idea of cutting my new $30,000 dollar truck up!:mad: if any has done this on just knows i would appreciate the feed back. thanks
  2. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

mine wasn't done on my 2007NBS.
  3. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Quite a bit. You are better off though just removing the lower valance as that is what you would actually be notching. Thats the plastic part under the actual bumper. You don't actually notch the bumper.
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I have the 2008 MVP Plus Ultra Mount on a 2500HD NBS. Although, the two hook's which hold onto the plow frame rub the lower center valance nothing had to be notched. I did loose my tow hooks.

( btw ... there is NOTHING on the front of the NBS that can be called a bumper. It's cheap pop mold plastic with a center tin rim that will hold body weight. Otherwise the concept of their 5-star crash rating is that they rely completely on crumple zone designs. Great curb appeal - just not real practical.)
  5. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

thanks for the help guys :drinkup:
  6. panhead9

panhead9 Member
    from NY

I notched mine to put a unimount on it cut the hell out of it still dont look bad I checked with chevy a new valence is like $135 so after plow season I'll just put a new one on and save chopped one for winter