1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Chevy 2500 brake/steering pump leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Fred886, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I have a leak in the steering/break pump. It's going through a lot of steering fluid and continually leaking. Was told to replace the pump. I was wondering how hard this is to do/if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Remove lines, unbolt and remove master, remove brake pedal including the PITA clip that holds the brake rod on. 4 bolts from the inside hold it to the firewall.
    Install reverse except, install the brake rod first outside to make sure it's the same length. (Match up the new to old)
    Fill p/s run truck, pump brakes, lightly turn wheel, fill p/s again. Repeat till pump stops whining
  3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

check the hoses for leaks first, they will leak at the fitting where crimped. Had the same problem, but had the shop do mine, major pain in the butt even for the experienced.