1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 Blizzard 8611lp

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NEUSWEDE, Jan 20, 2009.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Blizzard 8611 lp only used for 4 storms was pu on in October 2008. Have all push plates and wiring for 2008 f-550. Selling to go back to fisher just not the plow i was looking for. Perfect working condition. $4500 obo located just outside Portland Maine.

2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

you have mail.

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

There you go Ken, that's what you were looking for!

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

That's a long ride isn't it Ken?

5. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

shipping my friend shipping. lol. My father spent 30yrs in trucking/air freight before switching to United. So he knows some people so it shouldn't be a problem, hopefully.

6. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Get those pictures yet? ....................

7. MDSP

MDSP Member

Still available? Pics?

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

still have end of season deal $4000 obo

DSC00108.JPG

DSC00109.JPG

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

That plow is only 5 months old and has that much rust? I was interested until I saw it.

10. INNOVATIVE55071

INNOVATIVE55071 Junior Member

Its worth 3000

11. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

How many times did you plow with it? Just curious my 810 didn't look that used after one season. Looks like you will need new cutting edges as well.

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

we know you only plowed 4 storms with it but who plowed the other 300??? ill give you 500 bucks for it.

13. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

has seen 8 storms and was used by me the owner and I don't beat plows. that is the second set of wing cutting edges. Were replaced after 4 storm. Pump motor quit after the second storm. Probably not helping my sale but I don't want it, if anyone is interested pm me with your offer and we can go from there.

14. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

also if anyone doubts the age of this plow pm me and would be happy to show the invoice and even give you contact of the dealership to confirm at.

15. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Hay man, I know your good stuff - your dump insert is still kickin that i bought from you..... thanks again for that... But how is it possible to go thru a cutting edge in 4 storms? That seems pretty far out there to me....... I was interested until i heard that.... seems like a super lemon to me.....

16. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Started to have the feeling it was a lemon after the second storm when the pump motor went replaced that out of my pocket because dealer didn't have one and would take a week plus to get one! Found a motor for a lift was the same. The wing edges were junk, the metal on the one side sheared off so a new set went on.

No happy have given up on selling it. Not sure what to do

17. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

By the way good to hear about the dump insert. I never should had sold that. How is the spreader? Never should had sold that either. Was a great combo. I only but downeaster products now all my trailers and spreaders I get from them a great company and great products, cant say that much for blizzard!

18. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Well the spreader dicked off after the first season....... rusted out Big Time. even after we painted it and oiled it..... so we pretty much scrapped that... funny story here... so last spring when we put your insert back on (we ran a snow-ex spreader in the winter time), all our straps vanished from our shop, so i had to go buy new ones without the dumper secured, long story short, i got on it a little hard and it found its way on to the road in the middle of an intersection LOL... tow truck just happened to be sitting right there, lifted it up and poped it back in and away i went... still works flawless LOL go figure, by far the best thing i have ever boughten.... good luck on that blizzard!

19. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

That sucks should had told me told me about the spreader 30min drive and I can buy any part of the shelf I could build one in their show room.
    That is funny about the insert they are built very tough.

The blizzard I will just drag to the dealer and put it through their front door.

20. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Hey if you just want to dump that plow I'll give you $1k for it. Even though it's a piece of junk I could make use of it.

PM me if you're interested.