1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 7.5 Super Duty with loose pivot

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by famouslee99gt, Dec 8, 2013.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I bought a brand new Super Duty back in the fall of 2008 and have loved it so far. However, I have noticed, and I want to say it's done it ever since new, has been loose in the pivot point. I tore it apart last week to verify and yes, the bolt is very loose in there. I have seen others say it is because of a lack of grease. Why did they not put grease zerks anywhere on this plow in such areas. It doesn't bother me so much but it does like to bounce around when driving down the road.

What is the best fix? Have it drilled out and sleeved to match a 3/4 bolt? And then drill and tap for a grease zerk with a hose to make it accessable?

2. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I never got any replies from this the other year and never did anything with it. Anyone experiencing this on the straight blades. I don't think my brothers standard duty which is probably a 02-03ish. His seems tight. When I angle mine just a little bit and stop, it doesn't snap, just stops and kinda bounces around. I've also started to notice this year when driving down the road and hitting bumps that it is bouncing like crazy. The main reason I decided to buy a Boss was because of the direct cylinder and didn't want a chain lift style that would bounce. Maybe my truck side mount is getting worn.

I'm curious to see what new products Boss is coming out with next week. Hoping for something like a Western Wideout or Western Prodigy. Might just switch over to a Western V anyways.
  3. JAJA

JAJA Member

I have a 2 year old 7'6" I haven't noticed this on mine but I will have to check it out more closely...but were the blade bolts to the plow side mount there are 3 bolts in conjunction with 3 ears on the blade side those ears sit in between 3 sets of 2 ears each on the mount side. Anyways I have 2 ears on the mount side that have broken off already took it to the dealer cause it should be under warranty I guess we wil see
  4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

There are stops built into the turntable of the plow that won't allow too much play. We all wish they were tight and quiet but the reality is they scrape better once they're worn in some. This allows the plow to follow uneven ground much better. If it was as tight as you might want the truck would have to take all the movement at the chassis.