1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 2500 Wideout Question?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jdilliplane1, Apr 26, 2012.

1. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

Hey guys, figured I would ask all you chevy experts about a truck I am looking at purchasing since I just totaled my 07 dodge 3500. I am looking at an 08 duramax 2500 as my next truck. Question pertains to what I need to be on the look out for and considerations in relation to running a wideout accompanied by my salt dogg Poly Vbox 2 yard spreader? I know these trucks have the torsion bar setup, etc. and are just new to me. Thanks in advance fellas for all the help

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

It should hold the Wideout and the spreader, I'd crank the bars a turn or 2

3. jdilliplane1

jdilliplane1 Senior Member

Thanks for the reply, I was concerned with the torsion bars holding the weight considering that the western website mentions snow plow setup only? I wasnt sure what that all entailed in regards to pieces added: alternator, battery, etc.

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

personally, i would and did add timbrens to the front and put a leveling kit on the truck. to me the truck just handles better than turnig up the t-bars. for the back i put in a set up supersprings and they are very nice.

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Do what was suggested above. The torsion bars are not as big of an issue as some people guys make them out to be. I run the xls and the truck holds it fine. Good luck with the new setup.