1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008 2500 Hd Help Please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by HOOBS PRO PLUS, Jan 13, 2008.

1. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

Does anyone know where you connect the small red wire comming off of a Western plow controller? The only place in the fuse box I could find that has switched power is the fuse for the rear accsesory port. And for some reason it does not work all the time.

2. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

Can I hook that wire to constant power????

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The 2nd fuse/junction box under the dash next to your left foot. Take the cover off, one of the open ports (not all are used) will have 6 studs sticking oit of it. The left two are hot on key power. Check with a test light to make sure its hot when the key is on.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

5. HOOBS PRO PLUS

HOOBS PRO PLUS Member
    from NW PA

That info was 100% correct! Thank you so much for the Help. Any idea why my plow lights would not be getting power? At this time I only have the long harness hooked up because I'm waiting for the short to come in. But the Dealer sai the one side would still work.

6. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

day time running lights!!!!

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Thats why they pay me the big bucks at the western dealer I work at. payup Do you have the 3 port or the 4 port box?