1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2008-09 1500 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Pert Snow, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

hey do you guys think if i got a used 08-09 silverado that i could put a plow on it? I dont know if a 1500 can handle it. I dont know can a 1500 dodge ram handle it either. I would like to have a wideout on it but im not sure if it can handle it. It would prob be a v8 4.6L 4x4. What do you think?

2. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Wont handle a wideout. We have 7'6" westerns on ours and they barely handle that. We had to lift the front end 1 1/2" and put timbrens in them. The new GMC/Chevy's SUCK. We have 4 of them

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My buddie has installed countless 26 series Snow Ways on them this year.

4. ghlkal

ghlkal Member

A lighter weight plow such as a SnoWay will work fine on that truck.

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Why not just buy a 2500 if you want to put a plow on it? Why screw around.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I agree. Go for a 2500 or 3500. You can get great deals right now.ussmileyflag

7. low country

low country Junior Member

2008 2009 chevy 1500 plowtruck.........

I own a 2008 1500 Chevy which I plow commercial and Residential with and could be happier with......Had a 1500 dodge with off-road package and hated it. I have a fisher 7 6 plow on the Chevy never had any problems with it.