1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2007 Titan plow?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by plowfever, Dec 7, 2011.

1. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

What would you guys recommend for a plow on my Titan? It is the king cab 4x4. It will be used commercially but won't be abused. I know snoway makes a plow but I had them in the past with a lot of issues.

2. PenfieldProp

PenfieldProp Junior Member
    from 06880

Have a 7.6 hts on mine some guys go with a midweight I plated key points on the hts so it can take the abuse and still stay fairly light on the truck the piston with the scapelock feature is great the truck and hts get absolutely abused some guys with mc plows would puke at how hard we work equipment

3. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

I like the look of the hts. I am going to look at snoway also. I have ran snoway plows for many years and have had good luck with them other than I had the cheap plastic moldboards. I just don't know if I like the idea of the way snoway does the lighting on there new plows.

4. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Been running a steel Snoway on my '06 for several years. I run it very hard and have only had solenoid related issues, so now I make sure I have an extra with me and it's good to go. IMO - I like the "real" down pressure vs. "scrapelock".

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

EIS is the bomb. totally without consumable parts. No modules, relays, switches to fail or fuses to blow with no interferance to the trucks computer systems. There's nothing there to not trust, or replace or fail or stock spare parts for.....................And the 4 Sight is KILLER..Nothing like low beams on the plow and high beams on the truck when the blade is on the ground.

6. 07titan

07titan Member

Here is a pic for ya. 2007 Nissan Titan CC 4x4. Western Hts

Upgrade the front: Timbrens, Rough Country UCA's and endlinks, Bilstein 5100 middle perch, 1.5" spacer. Handles amazing!

279170_4702195402502_2076703066_o.jpg

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Got any pics with plow raised? The endurance 5.6 is a torque monster.

8. 07titan

07titan Member

I lose about 3/4" when raised. I will have about 700-800# of salt in the bed too.

176002_4719493874953_52252615_o.jpg

9. Greystorm

Greystorm Member

western mid weight on a 05 titan with 5100 bilstiens in the middle lift setting +1"
    sits a little low, sometimes the ultramont will scrape
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That sits very well. Got me thinking

11. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

A few years back I installed a 7.5' Meyer MD plus with the STL blade, with 5-600lbs of balast it worked out very well

12. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Just FYI,

Nice looking trucks BUT,

On the Titans you need top watch the catalytic converters.... BIG issues with em. They have 4 of them with two sitting over the manifolds. The two up top like to burn up and then the motor will injest crap and go BOOM.

Friend put one new upper cat on for $900 and within a couple months his other went and pieces parts were sucked into the motor... BOOM. He was in for around $8800

I walked away from the Titans based on his experience...

gb

13. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

That's why it's much better to replace the stock manifold/cat with aftermarket headers, they'll last the life of the truck, give better performance and cost less than half of the oem replacement parts.

14. jandjcarpentry

jandjcarpentry Senior Member
    from MA

How much does your plow weigh?

15. 07titan

07titan Member

wow just saw this. About 450 lbs i believe.